In this Privacy Statement, the terms “you” and “your” means you the user of the Planet Polutry's website: www.planetpolutry.com.au (the “Website”); and the terms “we”, “us” and “our” means Planet Polutry.
Planet Polutry recognises and values the protection of your Privacy. This Privacy Statement is governed by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) Act 2003 (Cth) (jointly referred to as the “Acts”).
By visiting the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement, the Acts and other applicable laws of Australia. We reserve the right to update the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time.
1.0 What information do we collect from our customers?
We may conduct surveys or market research on our users demographics, interests and behavior and may seek information from you from time to time. These surveys will provide us with the following information that allows improvement in the types and quality of service offered to you and the manner in which those services are offered. Further, if you contact us we may ask you to supply personal information, such as your:
* date of birth;
* telephone number;
* e-mail address; and
* age and gender.
2.0 Personal identification
2.1 Collection of Information
Every time you use the Website, information may be collected by us or on our behalf via services such as Google Analytics. Types of information collected may include:
* The date and time of your visit to our Website and online software;
* Your IP address;
* The address of the documents you access;
* The type of browser and operating system you are using;
* Any address of a recurring site and any other website you are about to visit; and
* The information you submit regarding payment particulars, including credit card details which are captured by our online software and database.
The Information that may be collected provides us with details about how the Website is being used including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on the Website.
2.2 Information via the Website and online software
2.3 Personal details
We may run competitions or offer added benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Giving your personal details to us is absolutely optional, however if you do not provide your personal details we may not be able to contact you or give you access to those benefits.
2.4 Your option not to provide your personal information
3.0 Use and disclosure of information
3.1 Use of information
Your personal information will be used for the following purposes:
1. to ensure the proper function of the Website and online software;
2. for our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
3. for registration and to manage your account;
4. to communicate with you;
5. to respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
6. to publish your reviews, forum posts or other content on the Website;
7. to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our participating partners;
8. to solicit information from you including surveys;
9. to resolve disputes or resolve problems;
10. to prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
12. as may otherwise be described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose or reveal, share or pass your Information or personal details onto any third parties, other than in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and to those who are contracted to us to keep your Information or personal details confidential.
We will not disclose your Information or personal details collected by us for any purpose other than where:
1. it is required to ensure the proper functioning of the Website;
2. your personal details are to be used by a participating third party contracted to us for marketing, planning, product development or research and the participating third party is bound by a confidentiality agreement with us;
3. we are required or authorised by law or if it is reasonably necessary to enforce the law;
4. the Information or personal details is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim; or
5. you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
4.0 Sending information overseas
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to other third parties contracted to us located outside of Australia. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such recipients respect the confidentiality of this information by abiding by equivalent privacy laws and regulations required in the relevant country located outside Australia.
SPAM is an electronic message that is both unsolicited and commercial in nature. We assure you that:
1. we have crafted an internal policy to educate our staff and implement clear guidelines and rules in relation to the dissemination of commercial electronic messages;
2. you are at liberty to unsubscribe from any mailing list to which you have previously subscribed. If for any reason there appears to be no facility to be removed from the mailing list, please send us an email as detailed in clause 10 of this policy, or alternatively you may call (07) 5500 0800 within ordinary business hours and request to speak to our SPAM Policy Administrator, and
3. we will not use address-harvesting software for any reason.
To assist us in combating SPAM we request your assistance with the following:
1. if you receive an unauthorised commercial or offensive message, which appears to originate from our email address, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately on the above noted contact details;
2. please ensure that you unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists if you decide you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from usor our contracted third parties; and
3. if you do subscribe to any of our mailing lists, please ensure that we have your current details at all times, by updating us on any change in or cancellation of your email address.
6.0 Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Information or personal details collected from you is stored in a secure environment accessed only by our authorised personnel.
Please keep in mind that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will endeavour to protect your Information or personal details, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information or personal details you transmit to us or receive from our online software. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
7.0 Credit Card information
We use the third party, PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) (PayPal)to process any sales paid for via credit card. We do not directly hold any payment information other than a billing address and a contact email on the Website servers. In accordance with PayPal policies, we may be able to view credit card details, however, we will only use such information for the purposes of credit card verification, transaction approval or to provide a refund. Any information collected by PayPal may be used in accordance with the PayPal privacy or other policies and is beyond our control. To view PayPal policies please refer to the PayPal website located at www.paypal.com.au.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this Website. This Website may contain links to other web sites on the Internet. Please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices of such other web sites.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. You access destination links at your own risk. Because we want to provide you with the best service possible, we would appreciate your comments about any external links at: firstname.lastname@example.org
9.0 Third party advertising services
We may utilise certain third-party advertising services (e.g. organizations such as FastClick or Google) to display advertising for our advertisers. These third-party services may place a cookie on your computer for the purposes of ad tracking and presentation. We do not share personally identifiable visitor information with these third-party services.
10.0 Unsubscribing from the Planet Polutry's email database
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following message typed into the body of the e-mail. The message you need to type or copy into the body of your e-mail is “UNSUBSCRIBE”.
11.0 No access to information
As we do not hold any other information, other than that as noted in point 2 of this policy (which is at all times automatically provided to our system via your browsing software), we cannot provide access to this information we may hold as it is anonymous in nature. Should you wish to update any information held by a third party associated with the Website, such as PayPal, please contact that third party directly.
12.0 Merger or acquisition
If the website or Planet Polutry's is merged or acquired by another entity, the Information or personal details may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.
13.0 How to contact us
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your privacy, please contact us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time.